New Prague Youth Hockey is always looking for good candidates to help shape the lives of our young athletes and improve their hockey skills. If you are interested in volunteering your time to dedicate to the development of our youth players, follow the steps below:
1. Download and complete the coaching application for 2017-18
2. Submit to Nate Pickens:
3. ALL Coaches- (new and past) must submit an application.
** Deadline to submit coaching application/information is October 7th **
1. Register with USA and Minnesota Hockey. Cost: $40 for USA Hockey, $10 for MN Hockey. Both expenses are reimbursable by the association as an active coach for the registered season-- After completing, send Conf # to Rena Bjerke, NPHA Registrar, email@example.com
2. Background Screening -- Good for 2 years. Must complete before participating in team activities on the ice. See instructions below for completing the online screening. On MN Hockey website
3. USA SafeSport Training -- Good for 2 years. Must complete before participating in team activities on the ice. On USAH website. Send Certificate of Completion to Jennifer Boulden, SafeSport Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. CEP Certifications up to date
5. Modules coincide with the level of team you are coaching. Must complete before participating in team activities on the ice.
6. HEADS UP Concussion Training. Must complete before participating in team activities on the ice. See "Concussion Info" tab for online training link and certificate of completion. Send certificate of completion to Rena Bjerke, email@example.com
**ALL coaches must be on an approved roster in order to be on the ice or on the bench**
USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for abuse and misconduct. Through the USA Hockey SafeSport Program, USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey are committed to creating the safest possible environment for participation in hockey.
If you plan on being a Coach (and anyone else who is working with the kids) you need to do your electronic screening online. This screening needs to be completed BEFORE you can be added to a roster.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE GOOD FOR TWO YEARS FOR COACHES & VOLUNTEERS!
To complete the electronic Background Screening program, follow these steps:
1. Click on link to "Minnesota Hockey Background Screening"
2. Log in, or create log in(use the same log we use on our site)
3. Complete all of the forms and submit.
Association is New Prague
MN District 6